Monday, November 4, 2013

Welcome to A Tale of Sisters

Greetings Traveller!

A Tale of Sisters is a fictional tale set in Azeroth, the World of Warcraft setting.   Five years ago, some friends in the game and myself formed a Horde guild called "Edge of Chaos," and as part of our website at the time, I wrote a blog that was in character.  It was during the Wrath of the Lich King expansion, and the story I told was of the guild members struggled to unseat Arthas.  It was well received at the time, and I enjoyed writing it.  But alas, that group of people broke up, many left and those that remained move on to other things.  Yet the game and the characters remain.  Some of us still play WoW together, albeit on a different server and in the other faction.  I thought it might be fun to pick up the story again, these years later as the fifth birthday of Edge of Chaos approached.

A few things to clarify for you before we move on. As this is technically "fan fiction" I am trying to stay close to the lore as established by Blizzard Entertainment.  However, as I am in no way affiliated with them, and don't want to get into trouble with them, I am going to avoid using the names of characters within their world, directly.  Titles are alright, and locations, but not proper names.  Those characters are copyrighted and without written permission, I could get into trouble.

Secondly, while as I said I will try to remain true to cannon, I will likely deviate in places. I have a story in mind, and sometimes that story doesn't work with the existing knowledge base.  So if something is wrong, it is either because I got it wrong (which can happen), or because it was changed to fit my story.  If this bothers you, I apologize in advance.

The main characters in the story are the four daughters of House Ath'las: Alcyone, Asterope, Eleckra, Pleione. Though they are better known as Regula, Sterope, Eleckra, and Pleione.   These were my four main characters during the Edge of Chaos era, and are based on the Pleiades, the seven daughters of Atlas.

Through the narrative of the story, much about them will come out, things that never entered into play in the game.  I hope you enjoy reading it as much as I will look forward to writing it.

-------Eriks

No comments:

Post a Comment